boghunden

Angela Carter
Armada
Ernest Cline

Geek Girl

Geek Girl - Holly Smale If you are to enjoy a book, you must like at least one of the characters. Sadly, I didn't. Harriet was clumsy and all over the place. I'm sure it would have been a whole lot of fun if I was 13 years old, but I'm not and I didn't find her funny at all. In fact, I felt like she was just being sort of annoying on purpose.
Her dad and stepmum was full of clich├ęs and I didn't like it at all, nor did I like Wilbur, one of the fashion agents. He was just too much. Normally I like it, when authors make fun of characters, but this was just..yeah, it almost felt like an insult to the whole modelling world. I mean, not every male in that industry is gay or acting like they are. The way Holly Smale tried to let us know, that things aren't always like we think they are didn't go very well with the way she described fashion and modelling. It felt prejudiced and I don't like that. Not at all, no.

So why didn't I stop reading the book, you may ask. I didn't because 1) it was a quick read and 2) I needed something really easy, that I didn't have to think too much about. Unfortunately, I didn't like this book, but I'm sure there are lots of other (younger) people who will.