boghunden

The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
Angela Carter
Armada
Ernest Cline

Den utrolige historie om fakiren der sad fast i et IKEA-skab

Den utrolige historie om fakiren der sad fast i et IKEA-skab - Romain Puértolas I didn't really get this book. I just didn't.

There was no storyline. None!
But isn't it about an Indian man who travels the world?
Yeah, it is, but he don't go see anything. He just travels. It's more like it's about an Indian man spending time on an airplane.
Really? Wow. So...he must have some deep thoughts then? With all that time in air.
Yeah, no, he doesn't. He just sits there.

As you can see, I wasn't a fan of this book. I didn't care one bit about the maincharacter, and since there weren't really any other characters, it was pretty hard to like this novel.
Also, what's up with that story within the story? Yeah, no, I really didn't get the point.

So, the writing... Yeah, it was smooth and easy, but the humour didn't really work for me :/

I feel like this is a book that should be laying around in IKEA warehouses for costumers to pick up for free...

Okay, on the bright side, it didn't take me long to read this book, and it did have it's funny moments. Maybe if it were a bit longer it would've been better? I think so. On the other hand, I'm glad it wasn't more than some 250 pages.

It wasn't bad. It really wasn't. It was just not my cup of tea.