boghunden

Armada
Ernest Cline

Den 5. Bølge

Den 5. Bølge  - Rick Yancey Likes:

• I really liked the first part of this book. Really, really liked it. The writing style, the flashbacks and the action, it felt like my kind of book. At first I was annoyed with all the swearing, but it made sense later on and I came to appreciate it.

• I liked Ringer, she was a fun person. She was kind of obsessed with chess, which I found quite funny, but it fitted her personality.

Dislikes:

• This book has multiple POVs. I've never been a fan of that, but this was even worse. I couldn't tell the different voices apart, they all sounded alike to me. I was confused and lost! When I can't tell the voices apart, it's kind of hard to keep up with the book.

• Let's talk about Cassie, the FMC... When I reached the 40% mark I just had enough of her. She was acting childish and was whining about everything! It was just too much. Without giving too much away, let me tell you this: in one chapter, she pointed a weapon at *someone* four times! Seriously?! Just shoot! Or don't. I don't care, just don't change your mind that often! She was being very immature. I just couldn't relate to her.

• The humour...yeah, I didn't get it. This book started out being funny and all, but then it just got too much. I didn't need to be reminded all the time that "I'm trying to be funny even though I know I'm not." Sigh.

• The beginning of this book felt very fast paced and I really liked it. The ending though... Way too fast! Probably because I was extremely confused at that point, but still.. This book is pretty long, you'd think 10-15 more pages wouldn't make that much of a difference.

• I'm probably just disappointed. This book had a lot of potential and I loved the first part, so of course I was expecting a lot from the rest of the book. Unfortunately, I didn't get what I was hoping for.