boghunden

Angela Carter
Armada
Ernest Cline

Upside Down

Upside Down - Lia Riley Thanks to the author, the New Adult Book Club and Netgalley.

After reading the first two chapters, I felt like giving up on this one. I was so confused as to what was going on etc. I'm glad that I gave this book a chance, because it turned out to be an okay read.

The main character of this book is Talia, a 21 year old girl with OCD. Now, the OCD plays a role in the book, but it's not the main focus. It deals with it in a great way! However, I didn't like that Talia was running away from everything in the beginning, but I get why she did it and I came to like her choices later on. The ending...I was so mad I almost threw my kindle across the room, but then I read on and well...that was a good one!

As far as the love interest goes, he had such an interesting story, I almost wished the story was told from his POV because I was so invested in his story.

I did feel like the writing could've been better, it wasn't really my cup of tea.

I loved to sit outside in the sun and read about sunny Australia and half naked surfers ;)