boghunden

Angela Carter
Armada
Ernest Cline

Teen Angst? Naaah . . .

Teen Angst? Naaah . . . - Ned Vizzini After seing the movie It's Kind of a Funny Story, I knew that I had to pick up the book. I just didn't want to do it right when the movie was fresh in my mind, so I picked up this one instead. That seems to be a mistake.

I didn't like this book. Most of all, it felt like a bunch of high school essays. Now, that's fine if you are in highschool. When he published this book, [a:Ned Vizzini|11672|Ned Vizzini|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1341737392p2/11672.jpg] wasn't in highschool anymore. There are essays about SATs, magic cards, a movie he and his friends made(I actually turned to youtube and saw the movie (The Attack of the Killer Turtle)), turning 18, prom etc. The thing is, I didn't really care.
I don't get why this was published. What exactly was the purpose? If I wanted to read random essays, I'm sure Google could help me with that.
So yeah, I found this book to be quite dull. I was hoping it'd be a very emotional read, or at least a real book, in terms of experiences etc., but I didn't feel like that was what I got.

The last essay, set after highschool, is just a acknowledgement essay, really.

This is supposed to be a quasi-biography, and well...it feels like diary entries, so I guess he kind of succeeded in that part.

Normally, I'd write about the characters as well, but I guess it doesn't really make any sense, since some of them are based upon people that Ned really knew, and then who am I to judge etc.? So yeah, not gonna do that.

I still want to pick up [b:It's Kind of a Funny Story|248704|It's Kind of a Funny Story|Ned Vizzini|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1396050502s/248704.jpg|240980] though, because really, I loved the movie.