boghunden

The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
Angela Carter
Armada
Ernest Cline

Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days, #1)

Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days, #1) - Susan Ee Some things are just not my cup of tea. Angels and mermaids are one of them. Because this is a book about angels, I was skeptical before I started reading it. I'd read quite a few reviews which all talked about a "kickass heroine," and that was all it took for me to pick up this book - and the fact that the main character had to save her disabled sister.

Unfortunately, this book was just a dull experience. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. I couldn't feel the characters and I didn't really care about them. That makes it quite hard to like a book. Penryn's mom was supposed to have a mental disorder/disabillity, but to me she just seemed ignorant.

As far as the plot goes, I guess this book deserves some kind words: there was absolutely no insta-love! It took a lot of pages before the romance started to happen, and I really liked that. They actually got to know each other before they got intimate with each other. I guess that's the most kind words I have for this book. I didn't really feel like much was happening...

I won't be continuing this series.