boghunden

The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
Angela Carter
Armada
Ernest Cline

Dødens kunstner (Robert Hunter Series, #4)

Dødens kunstner (Robert Hunter Series, #4) - Chris Carter Even though these books are creepy and scary, I feel like it's only every second book that really works. I loved book 1 and 3, while book 2 and 4 were a bit more 'meh.'

I think the reason why I didn't like this book as much was the level as suspension. It wasn't as high as I'm used to with this series. When you know how [a:Chris Carter|3443298|Chris Carter|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1331481644p2/3443298.jpg] writes, you'll get certain expectations; it's gross, scary, detailed etc. And while it was gruesome, it wasn't nearly as detailed and scary as the other books, in my opinion. That annoyed me a but. On the other hand though, it helped me sleep! ;) Wasn't losing sleep over this one, which was nice ;)

We're introduced to a new character in this book; Alice. She's like the female version of Hunter, at least that's how my impression was. She was just a bit more likeable. I mean, I like Hunter, but the fictional characters don't. The chemistry between Alice and Hunter was really good, and I liked that she got to be a big part of this book.

As always, I thought I'd figured this one out pretty early, but I was wrong (again). I knew that my idea probably wouldn't be the right one, but it was still a surprise to me. The perpetrator had a really good reason and I definitely didn't see that one coming! Of course, at the end of the book, I was like "oh! But of course!" Haha. Furthermore, I was able to actually understand why he did what he did. Not that it made it okay, of course not!, but I understood.