boghunden

Angela Carter
Armada
Ernest Cline

Splintered

Splintered - A.G. Howard I read this book just a few days after having read [b:Alice in Wonderland|13023|Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)|Lewis Carroll|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1391458382s/13023.jpg|2933712] and [b:Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There|83346|Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #2)|Lewis Carroll|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1359299332s/83346.jpg|17240250], which, as it turns out, wasn't the best idea. The two Alice books were fresh in my mind and I remembered most of the storylines, characters etc.

My main problem with this book was that it was confusing. It didn't really make sense. First off, the originial Alice in Wonderland is supposed to be somewhat of a guide to Wonderland (as far as I understood), yet the characters in this book makes the same mistakes as Alice did. That just seemed incredibly stupid to me.

In the beginning, we follow Alyssa and her family. Her mom is in a mental institution and supposed to suffer from some mental disorder. This takes up a lot of place - 20% to be exact! Then the Wonderland part starts. I don't feel like I know what really happened down there, because honestly? It felt so rushed that I didn't have time to sort out my thoughts and understandings. It was just...confusing! I felt like the caterpillar:

I also didn't really care about the characters and the love aspect.
That being said, I still liked some parts of the book. I found the dialogue to be pretty good, and I also liked the description, I just think it was a bit too much.